Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo

New ACL Version 10 Wish List

Mensagem  Admin em Dom 3 Mar - 20:20

http://www.texasacl.com/2012/10/03/new-acl-version-10-wish-list/

New ACL Version 10 Wish List
By Porter Broyles
in: TexasAcl
Posted In: Version 10

It’s been 3 years since I first wrote my Version 10 Wishlist, but here I several years later still waiting for version 10 to come out. So I thought I would update my ACL Version 10 Wishlist. Most of these are items that are highly ranked on ACL’s feedback forum, but a few might have been over looked. These are the 12 items that I would like to see added.

12) TIME Functions
ACL does not handle TIME computations well. Currently, we have to convert the time into a numeric value and then reverse it back into a time statement. This is very cumbersome and complicated. It is not something that new users to ACL will engage in.
11) Support export of ACL tables to multiple tabs within a single Excel workbook.
While people will use ACL to identify exceptions/errors, these files are then exported to individual files. It would be a lot easier to have the files exported to a shared Excel file. This would enhance the ability to have multiple reports being generated from the same project being captured by a single source.
10) Add true windows functionality to ACL.
Specifically the ability to have multiple tables open in ACL at one time. It is very frustrating when you have to manually compare to tables to have to jump back and forth and then refind the data you are comparing because ACL shut a table. This may be ranked number 10, but it is something that should be considered a must have.
9) Add editable fields.
One of the reasons why people export to EXCEL is because they cannot add notes/comments to cells easily. Yes, you can add a comment, but it would enhance ACL significantly if it had editable fields. These editable fields should have several options:
a) Free flow text
b) Predefined drop down boxes
c) “Fill down”
d) Computed options.
8 ) ALL BUT parameter
Currently we can EXTRACT ALL or JOIN ALL or SORT ALL. It would be nice if we could have an ALL BUT parameter which would exclude fields that are not necessarily. NOTE: The ALL BUT parameter should be designed so that if a field does not exist, it does not crash the command when the excluded field isn’t there.
7) Summary Last
Currently, if we perform a SUMMARY command on a table, when we select OTHER fields, ACL will capture the values present in the first record of the SUMMARY. If the field is sorted chronologically, then we would currently capture the first occurance. If we wanted to capture the last occurance, then we have to SORT the table first then perform the SUMMARY again. It would be nice if we could perform a SUMMARY command and default to capture the last item instead of the first. (It would also be nice to have the option to capture both the first and the last occurance in a SUMMARY.)
6) Script debugging enhancements
Other software packages include various debugging tools that would be nice enhancements to ACL. What I am specifically looking for is the ability to perform a script line by line and to highlight a section and to perform the highlighted section. Currently in order to do this, I have to copy and paste and/or create another temporary script.
5) Script encyrption/non-editable scripts
Being able to encrypt scripts and make them non-editable would be a nice feature for both the internal and external consultant.
4) Ability to interact with the main operating system.
Apparently ACL used to be able to perform DOS commands and call DOS scripts. This would be a nice enhancement to ACL. Personally, I probably would not use it too often as I approach the subject the other way—I run the DOS Batch and have that batch kick off ACL or other commands. But if this were available, I could see consolodating everything into an ACL project as the preferred method.
3) Allow for scripting of subroutine within the main script
This would be a huge advance/enhancement within ACL script writing. Currently I have a number of scripts that call simple subroutines via a DO WHILE routine. The script in the DO WHILE routine is usually short 3-5 line command which is specific to the routine that was just called. Having the subroutine in the main script would make project management much easier.
2) Fix issue with JOINS/APPEND sizes/types
ACL still remains too fixated on field sizes/types. It would be a lot nicer if we had the ability to JOIN/APPEND tables without having to worry about every field being the exact same size and type.
1) Fix ACL’s fatal flaw.
It has been 4 years since I shared a fatal flaw with ACL developers and executives. If this issue isn’t resolved with ACL version 10, then nothing that ACL does will matter. If it is not fixed, I will consider ACL version 10 to be a failure.
So what is the fatal flaw? It is possible to run the same exact same script on the exact same data and get two different results and there is nothing that the script programmer can do about it! The issue revovles around the OPTIONS that are set on the computer. If options are set differently then the results can be different. Many options are programmable, but not all (specifically the option to delete underlying data when you delete a table.). As long as it is possible to get different results on two computers running the same scripts on the same data, then ACL has a fatal flaw. (NOTE: This bug rarely is relevant because most people use factory settings and in most units the same person who wrote the script runs the script. But it can produce errant results and be problematic if you are not familiar with it. )

Admin
Admin

http://forum.it-tech.com.br

Função DateTime

Mensagem  Márcia em Seg 4 Mar - 7:50

Já faz tempo que a ACL está devendo uma função para que se possa trabalhar com campos do tipo DateTime (como temos nos principais bancos de dados).

é das principais novidades que eu espero tem muito tempo.

Márcia

Extrair os resultados dos trabalhos para várias planilhas de um único arquivo do Excel

Mensagem  Miro em Qui 7 Mar - 12:21

Essa eu compartilho lá do Fórum ACL em Português do meu amigo Marcus Augusto Hein no Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3751942&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=%2Egmr_3751942

No segmento que atuo (tributário), seria muito bom se essa nova versão contemplasse a abertura de duas tabelas ao mesmo tempo (podendo ser opcional, utilizando-se os “percevejos”) e fosse possível extrair os resultados dos trabalhos para várias planilhas de um único arquivo do Excel.

Miro

http://www.it-tech.com.br

Executar um programa Windows de dentro ACL

Mensagem  Admin em Seg 11 Mar - 18:47

Algumas vezes o ACL não resolve todas as necessidades e a possibilidade de poder chamar um outro programa ou rotina de dentro de um SCRIPT poderia ajudar na solução de algumas necessidades. Como exemplo Poder criar uma planilha e na sequencia dentro do próprio SCRIPT abrir a planilha para que o usuário possa consultar os resultados ou mesmo alimentar alguma informação a ser utilizada na sequencia do Script.

Admin
Admin

http://forum.it-tech.com.br

Poder abrir e ler mais de um arquivo ao mesmo tempo

Mensagem  Mariana em Qua 13 Mar - 9:24

Exibir nas guias da interface mais de uma tabela ao mesmo tempo.

Parece uma coisa simples que a ACL a poderia colocar nessa versão 10 e que ajudaria muito quando comparamos visualmente mais de um arquivo ao mesmo tempo.

Mariana

6) Script debugging enhancements

Mensagem  Miro em Seg 18 Mar - 13:30

Na versão passada tivemos o avanço das cores e da possibilidade de quebra nas linhas de comando em um Script. A possibilidade de execução passo à passo e outras ferramentas de "debug" seriam muito interessantes para quem se dedica à programação ACL Script.

Miro

http://www.it-tech.com.br

Relacionamento entre tabelas no Server AX Core

Mensagem  Mariana em Sex 22 Mar - 15:08

Mariana

Re: New ACL Version 10 Wish List

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Voltar ao Topo

Permissão deste fórum: